2 Follower

Er ist wieder da
Timur Vermes, Christoph Maria Herbst
Nine Stories
J.D. Salinger
Auf der Suche nach der verlorenen Zeit. Teil 1-7 Gesamtausgabe (À la recherche du temps perdu #1-7)
Marcel Proust, Peter Matic
The Complete Calvin and Hobbes
Bill Watterson
Schmidt liest Proust
Jochen Schmidt
Einmal durch die Hölle und zurück
Josh Bazell, Thomas Gunkel, Malte Krutzsch
By Its Cover (Commissario Brunetti, #23)
Donna Leon
Die historischen Romane
Umberto Eco, Burkhart Kroeber, Philipp Blom
Carte Blanche (James Bond, #37) - Jeffery Deaver Carte Blanche is the first James Bond novel I read. I know some of the Bond movies and I think in average they are good entertainment but nothing outstanding. So as a Deaver fan, I came to reading a Bond novel without too much knowledge about the character’s details and history.

Deaver managed to deliver a fast paced and thrilling spy novel centering on some up-to-date topics such as data mining and hunger relief. As is typical for him, he did quite a lot of research and added many interesting details to a twisting storyline. The character of James Bond is rather well developed and convincing. A minor drawback of the book is that a few of the UK’s espionage and countermeasure capabilities seem a bit too farfetched, but I guess that is also a little of what James Bond is all about. Once or twice situations occur in which characters behave in a way one would not expect considering their profession and training but all together Carte Blanche is a very good and enjoyable read.